Quick X Review
StingRay02 last edited by
A little over a year ago, I picked up an AirVape X in blue. Spoiler: I loved it, but there were a few specifics that didn't work well for me.
Things I Loved:
- It looks great, especially in blue. The shape is really sleek, and even the carrying case looks good walking around.
- It's very easy to use. After having several tops and clips crack on other vapes, the magnetic lid is genius, and I appreciate that the temperature controls are easy to access and use. Apps and bluetooth are clever, but they really should be supplemental, rather than the primary way you interact with a device.
- The heat is quick and reliable. I never tried to take my X's temperature, but once I figured out the different effects different temperature settings had, I could count on recreating those effects at those temps every time.
- Fairly easy to clean. My oven ended up gunkier and more stained than I maybe would have liked, but I'm sure that's more on my cleaning frequency/process than the device itself. Cleaning the mouthpiece and all the bits in it was very easy, and I never had a problem getting the mouthpiece apart or back together.
Things I Didn't Love
- It gets very hot after a while. I vape before bed to help me sleep, and usually need longer sessions to get through the full night. The body and mouthpiece of the X would get too hot to comfortably touch, and I'd need to set it down for up to twenty minutes to cool it off. It's not a huge deal, but when I'm already halfway through a session and it's late in the evening, I'd often get distracted and wrapped up in something else, which isn't the greatest way to wind down.
- The battery seemed to lose capacity quickly. When I first got the X, I was able to make it through an entire session on one charge of the battery. By the end of using it as my primary vape, I needed to plug it in halfway through. It was often a race between the battery and the temperature to see which caused me to put it down first.
- Refreshing the oven is easy, if you're sober. I also found I'd need to swap out the bowl occasionally. That's a painless process, when sober, but halfway through a session (again) and late in the evening (again), my coordination's not that great.
So my complaints are less with the device itself, and more with how I and the device get along. It just turns out the X doesn't fit into my personal routine very well.
I've since swapped my primary vape to a Ghost MV1. It has a large, swappable battery; the ceramic crucibles can be easily swapped out; and while it also overheats occasionally, it takes much longer to do so, and cools down much more quickly. That said, it was literally the only vape on the market that met my specific needs (and I do feel like I researched every single portable vape out there). If I hadn't found it, I'd still be using my X.
It still makes for a great vape, and I enthusiastically recommend it to anyone with more normal(?) vaping needs. I'm thinking about getting the rose gold for my wife.
@stingray02 Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it! We have submitted your concerns to our customer support department and a representative will reach you regarding this matter within 24 hours. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy #AirVaping!